Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday's Quote: Maya Angelou

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." Maya Angelou

I absolutely love this quote. There are so many implications, but, as always, I think of writing. We always see the books that are published. We see the greatness of the authors who are successful. We rarely see where they have been leading up to that point. I don’t know if I consciously thought about it, but, in  a way, I believed authors sprung out of the womb composing brilliant sentences. Sure, they were above the rest. But, they still had to be developed.

I think this also can be taken on a personal level. I always look at who I am currently, but I don’t acknowledge what it took to get me here. I have gone through a lot of changes. While going through the transformations, I would complain and whine. But, I have enjoyed the changes I have made and would never go back. Change is good…or so they say.

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment