Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday's Quote: Neil Gaiman

“Picking five favorite books is like picking the five body parts you'd most like not to lose.”~ Neil Gaiman

When I think about what my five favorite books of all time are, I can see where he comes up with this quote. There are so many great ones out there. It seems like each book I enjoy is for a different reason. However, they all come back to plot and characters. Did the books touch me in some way. Then, I really started thinking about it, and I discovered that most of my favorite books of all time come from childhood. I don't know if it's because the emotions of children are heightened so the books impacted me more or because the plots were so pure.

My favorite books are:
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit
Pretend You Don't See Her by Mary Higgins Clark
The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Then again, maybe there are others I haven't thought of. Like Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls, The Giver and Number the Stars both by Lois Lowry. Oh! Or Devils Arithmetic by Jane Yolen. Then from college, there's Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin and A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. And who could forget Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte--who is one of the only authors that completely shocked me with a twist I didn't see coming.

You know what, all books are fantastic! It is impossible to choose five. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment