Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday's Quote: Colum McCann

“Literature can remind us that not all life is already written down: there are still so many stories to be told.”~ Colum McCann

Colum McCann
Photo taken from his goodreads profile

This was a popular quote from last week. I can see the appeal. I have always loved literature. I feel like it can truly open up someone's world. We can travel to different cultures and even worlds. We can dive into morality and social dilemmas. Literature grants access to some of the strongest debates, but in the safety of fiction.

Literature reminds us that life is not all written down. There is still things we can do. There are still experiences we can have. There are still discussions we can conduct. There are so many stories left to be told. In a world filled with movie re-makes, I think it is good to remember this. Literature is so rich and vibrant. Let us never forget that.

Want more quotes, follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment