Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday's Quote: Charlotte Bronte

“Happiness quite unshared can scarcely be called happiness; it has no taste.”~ Charlotte Bronte

Photo taken from Goodreads Profile


I think I like this quote because I tend to be a loner. I have never minded silence. Growing up, I was either in my room reading or writing...and loving life. I think this is a necessity in some ways. Writing is a solitary profession. In fact, if too many people are around, it becomes too much of a distraction for me. But, it took until I was well into my twenties to realize that life is not worth living if done alone.

I love sharing my joys with someone. I love sharing my sorrows with someone. It enriches my experiences. To have someone to laugh at a joke or to encourage me...I don't know what I'd do without it. With how well I can tear myself down, I think I would be very depressed.

Happiness unshared is not happiness. I would have to agree.

Want daily quotes? Follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment