Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday's Quote: Neil Gaiman

“There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily, and so do dreams and hearts.”~ Neil Gaiman

Photo taken from his Twitter feed
When I started teaching teenagers, I began to realize the truth to this particular quote. I have been blessed with a family who supports me without hesitation. I don't think I would still be writing without them. There are just too many things that can convince me to stop.

It never fails, I go through periods of doubting my own ability. I doubt whether I deserve to be on bookshelves or if I am "worthy." I go through these cycles of confidence without any outside influence. So, compile that with any negative words, and I am doomed. Even if I hear a thousand good words, one negative has the power to break me.

This quote shows me that I am not alone. I only hope I am not one of those who take away other's dreams. Perhaps it is a good thing to keep in mind as we interact with the world. We are all fragile and all in this together. I like that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment