Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday's Post: Maurice Sendak

“There must be more to life than having everything!”~ Maurice Sendak
 



Taken from his Harper Collins website

I love this quote because it speaks to this whole idea of what do I want out of life? Is it to be successful? Is it to have "enough" money? Is it to have fame? Is it to have the respect of others? I like this proclamation. There has to me more to life than achieving "everything." Because, even if we obtain these material things, does that actually lead to a satisfying life?

I would think not. I think, especially in America, we forget that life is not about stuff. It is not about awards on the wall and money in the bank account. Life is not about getting everything we desire at that moment...or at least it shouldn't be. It should be about the relationships we build. It should be about the mark we make.

So, I want to remember to enjoy life. I want to remember not to work too hard achieving "everything" that I forget to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment