Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday's Quote: Thomas Edison

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”~ Thomas Edison

 
This is my favorite quote from last week, which is funny because it comes from a scientist. I guess that goes to show that anybody can be aliquant, not just novelists and speakers. I love this because I hear it all the time in the writing industry. Continue to push. Never give up. You can't "make it" if you give up. It is sad to think about all the people who might have been "right there." They were one rejection away until their big break, but they gave up.

I think the tough part about this is that someone can be working on this hope their whole life and never find the break they seek/deserve. Yet, I think I would rather be an optimist who strives for success their entire life and never fully achieve it, then someone who sits with regret and depression under the cloud of abandoned dreams.

Want more quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment