Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday's Quote: Alfred Tennyson

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”~ Alfred Lord Tennyson


So short and sweet, and yet this quote is so powerful. Strive for something. I find life is boring if we are not working toward something. I think that’s why I set goals…I’m sure it has nothing to do with my workaholic nature. To seek something. To me, this feels like it can be deeper than just “looking.” Again, I find my life is more enriched when I am learning. There’s constantly something I can learn. There is always something that can come around an open my eyes, cause me to view the world in a whole new way. We should be seeking this. And, if done right, we shall find what we desire. That is such a comforting thought. We are in control of our lives and our happiness. If we put in the work, then we can get anything. 

But this last piece is what makes this quote one of my favorites: not to yield. There are so many times in my writing career when I have wanted to give up. There are so many things in life that tempt me away from my dreams, or convince me that I am not worthy. But we can’t yield. Because, if we do, then we may never achieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment