Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday's post: Lauren Oliver

"So many things become beautiful when you really look." ~ Lauren Oliver

photo obtained from her Amazon Page
I love this quote probably because it speaks to my impatience. I tend to glance at my world quickly, without really seeing. I think I also judge people to quick. But, I wonder if I am the only one who does this. How many times do we look at someone and judge them based on appearance, or action, or whatever?

I also think this can be applied to me as well. I'm quiet, but I have been called "standoffish." I also don't tend to walk around with a bright smile on my face. It's not that I'm upset or unhappy, it's just not who I am. People read that as grumpy or depressed. I often wonder how many people I haven't met or interacted with because they misjudged me.

It is important to slow down. We need to stop and look. It is such a simple concept, and yet so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment