Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday's Quote: Neil Gaiman

"Stories may well be lies, but they are good lies that say true things, and which can sometimes pay the rent." ~ Neil Gaiman

I have come to learn that Neil Gaiman has some great things to say. This one was by far the most liked on my Facebook page. But it think it was also my favorite quote from last week. The main reason is that it is based largely on reality. People try to "make it big" in the writing field without knowing how difficult this endeavor really is. So, I like that he says "sometimes" here.

But the other thing that appealed to me is the idea that stories are false and fantasy, but that there is truth behind what they say. Did the world actually have a park where dinosaurs actually roamed the land? No, but that book really had some true morality issues discussed. Books have the benefit of diving into difficult subjects under the cover of fiction. I think that's why I love them so much.

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment