Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday's Quote: Jarod Kintz

"If I told you I’ve worked hard to get where I’m at, I’d be lying, because I have no idea where I am right now." ~ Jarod Kintz

I love this quote. I think it goes back to the discussion that is always going through my head, which is how do I measure success? Am I successful because of this or that? Have I even gotten to where I want to be yet? That particular question I think is always no. I’m always striving for more, whether that is good or bad I don’t know. But, just because I’m not “there” yet…wherever that place is…does that mean I am not successful. 

I think this idea plagues me because I don’t want to feel like I’m wasting my life. I don’t want to sit idle. I have things I want to reach for, dreams I want to see achieved. I don’t want to merely exist. If I have to be in this world, then I want to make a mark. I like the quote because I relate to it. I am currently working hard, but I rarely acknowledge it. In fact, while I’ll admit to being a workaholic, I always push aside the comments that I am doing too much. How much is too much? Surely I can do more. I am not working “hard enough” because I have no idea where I am on my path. But, on some levels, that is the fun part….or is it just me?

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment