Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday's Quote: Charles Dickens

“There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.”~ Charles Dickens

I don't think I'm alone when I say that I can take life way too seriously. I focus on the day's agenda. I focus on the dreams I'm trying to achieve. I can, at times, forget that life is precious and short. I can also forget that the only way to get through it is to just laugh. I love my family because we laugh our way through most days. And, guess what? The days I laugh through the hiccups are so much better than those where I grow irritated.

I used to work in an atmosphere where people were unhappy. They had good reason to be upset, but it certainly took a lot more energy to go into work. Then, I switched jobs and found an organization that believed in the "half full" mentality. They smiled when they walked the halls. They joked and actually liked each other. I, in tern, adopted their attitude. I do believe that what we do can be contagious. We not only influence our own perceptions, but we also influence the days of others. So, maybe we should be the contagion. I have a photo frame hanging in my house that proclaims "Live, Laugh, Love." I think all of us can do a little more of that from time to time.

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment