Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday's Quote: George Bernard Shaw

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”~ George Bernard Shaw

I had a conversation the other day with a gentleman who was claiming that many people do not live up to their true potential. His argument is that people don't take the time to figure out what their passions and talents are. They also don't look into what jobs would foster these aspects. The argument was appealing...the "secret of a happy life" type of discussion.

When I read this quote, I thought of him. I know I live with a slight fear that I am not living the life I was meant to. I question my choices in life, hoping I am making the "right" decisions. I think Shaw has it right, though. There is not some secret path that we have to find. Life is not a board game. It is about creating yourself. The world is open and I can be whoever I want to be. That is a nice thought.

Want more quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment