Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday's Quote: Bette Midler

“If only I'd known my differentness would be an asset, then my earlier life would have been much easier.”~ Bette Midler

I love this quote probably for obvious reasons. I think I've said, growing up I was always different. I interpreted stories different in school. I was interested in things that my peers were not. I was always somewhat of an odd ball. As a teenager, I felt almost ashamed of this. I hid the fact that I loved to write from my peers. In high school I wanted to be invisible, fearing rejection.

I wish I had this quote. I wish I could go back to that insecure girl and tell her what she will become. That her differences are what makes her special. That I would never trade those differences, not for all the missed heartache. Life may not be perfect. I may not be perfect. But my differences do not set me back. I do not have to overcome them. They make me excel. They make me happy. They make me who I am, and I would never change that. Life certainly would have been a lot easier if I had known and accepted that growing up.

Christmas is almost here! Are you ready??

Want more quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment