Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday's Quote: E.E. Cummings

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~ E.E. Cummings

Life is taken so seriously now that I'm in "adulthood." I have responsibilities. I have obligations. I have jobs...yes, plural. I am finding as I get older that I want to cherish life more. I was walking my dogs passed a soccer field near my house. I saw a group of teenagers throwing a football back and forth. That got me to thinking. When was the last time I "played"? I can't even remember the last time I just sat back and enjoyed my life. No responsibilities. No worries. Nothing in the back of my mind bugging me that I need to do something. Just sit. Just listen. Just laugh.

Life is short. That concept is proved time and time again. It also shouldn't be taken too seriously. We need to laugh. We need to enjoy. A wasted day is one without laughter is an idea that goes deeper than just burning calories by laughing. It's about finding an appreciation. I know I need to be reminded of that time and time again. Maybe one of these days I will put it into everyday practice.

I'm wishing you all joy and happiness during this holiday week!

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment