Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday's Quote: Mahatma Gandhi

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

It seems people strive for happiness. We want to be happy in our jobs, happy in our lives and happy in our achievements. I think many don't take the time to stop and think about what will make them happy. For me, I often get wrapped up in life. Bills pile and I take more hours at work. Friends need favors, the puppies need obedience classes, or I somehow sign myself up for some obligation. I say yes before I stop to think if that is something I truly want to fill my life with.

If I stop, there are three things that enrich my life. My family, reading and writing. It seems simple to prioritize these things above everything else. So why do the other things in life often gain more priority? I like this quote because it makes me stop and remember. The things that make me happy need to stay in my mind, in my words and in my actions. It needs to be the greatest priority. After all, I am reminded too often how short life is. We might as well be happy as we travel through it.

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment