Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Quote: Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right--for you'll be criticized anyway." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I loved this quote when I found it last week. I think it applies to anything in life, but I relate to it in writing especially. There are so many people out there who live to criticize. It's like they cannot breath without putting another person down. But, even still, there will always be someone who doesn't like my work. My dad, in all honesty would be one of them. He is super supportive, but he likes his stories reality based. People start changing into wolves and he is bothered.

So, for me, I take this as my motto. Write because I love it. Write because I want to share a story. But, don't write what someone else says is the "next big thing." Don't write because I need to reach this target market. Yes, keeping target markets and story relevance is important, but the main reason to write is because I love it. So, just write for the joy of writing and the adventure of personal growth.

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment