Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday's Quote: Orison Swett Marden

"All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers." ~Orison Swett Marden

This quote speaks to me because it is how I have always lived my life. It's easy to give up and settle for ordinary. I can accept that competition is too great, that the publishing industry is becoming too complex, that I will not achieve all that I desire. While I accept we must understand that this is a possibility, it doesn't mean we shouldn't reach for the stars.

I love my family. They are what drive me to continue to dream big. I dream of huge success. I dream of reaching countless people with my writing. I dream of being the best image of myself that I can. The point is, I dream. I accept that the probability Hollywood will make a blockbuster movie out of my novels is teeny tiny, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming. Because, who knows? If I set it as a possibility, it might actually happen. If I never strive for the best, I will never be the best.

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment