Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday's Quote: Steve Jobs

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." ~Steve Jobs

I think this quote is relevant for anyone, especially writers. In my 20's I found myself comparing successes. I compared myself to friends who were settling and starting families. I compared myself to colleagues who got promotions. I compared myself to writers who were living the life I "wanted." I believe the 20's are spent trying to decide what we want out of life and to start to live it.

I like the idea that we need to live the life we want. Not the life society says we should live. Not the life our parents might say we should live. And most definitely not the life we think we should live. We need to live the life we want to live. We need to strive for what we love, cherishing every moment. That is the only way to be.

Want daily quotes? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment