Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday's Quote: Neil Gaiman

"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." ~Neil Gaiman

This is by far the most popular quote last week. I think it is my favorite as well. I spent a lot of time discussing why I write. Gaiman pretty much sums it up in one sentence. The world is brighter when I write. In fact, if I go too long without writing a story, I get moody and depressed. Everything in life is horrible and I no longer like my life.

But, the moment I begin creating, the world opens like the skies after a storm. I am refreshed and renewed. My spirit is lifted and I love life once again. This is how I know I could never stop writing. Even if, one day, I am kicked out of the writing world, I know I will still be hidden in my room typing out the movies playing in my head. My only wish is that everyone can find something they feel the same way about.

Want daily quotes? follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment