Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Does Fulfilling Dreams equal Money?

This week, I wanted to focus on dreams and the future, mainly because it is graduation week at the high schools in my area. Therefore, I did a search to keep with my theme of introducing a different god. What I found was gods for money or fortune. There were no gods for prosperity. The only goddess I found in charge of the future was Antevorta, an obscure god that I couldn't find much about.

I find this an interesting concept. In a society that held gods for everything, where is the god for fulfilling dreams? Or does setting a "dream" automatically equal striving for fame and success? Friday's blog post was going to relate to this topic, but I thought I'd pose the question.

If you could create a god or goddess for prosperity, what would the duties look like? What does it mean in your eyes to pursue happiness?

Just something to think about on this Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment