Thursday, April 25, 2013

Glee's "Songbird"

There are a few songs that I always rely on when I need motivation writing. Most are sappy, depressing, probably concern my family members. The one I wanted to share today was originally recorded by Fleetwood Mac (whose song "Landslide" is also a favorite"). However, the version I play actually comes from the TV show Glee sung by character Santana.
 
The show has been running for quite some time, and I admire the vast span of music appreciation the show provides. This song came from season two. I think what adds to the song is knowing the character. Santana is a strong willed girl. She proclaims self-confidence and dominates any room she enters. But, most fans will know she was insecure about her sexuality, the deepest core of her character. The rest was a front. This song was the first time the character truly let her vulnerability show. The actress sings it with such heartache, that her emotion always transfers onto any page for any scene that I am writing.

Songbird

For you, there'll be no more crying,
For you, the sun will be shining,
And I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right

To you, I'll give the world
To you, I'll never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right.

And the songbirds are singing,
Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you,
Like never before.

And I wish you all the love in the world,
But most of all, I wish it from myself.

And the songbirds keep singing,
Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you,
Like never before, like never before.

No comments:

Post a Comment